Xerte Online Toolkits Workshop
Tuesday 15 April 2014
15:00 - 16:30
Julian Hodge building*
Download event details to your calendar: ICAL
Xerte Online Toolkits (XOT) is free open source system for creating interactive, accessible and reusable learning resources. By using Xerte Toolkits you can create learning materials that are media-rich, with images, sound and video, charts, quizzes, interactive drag-and-drop exercises, hotspots and annotated diagrams. It is easy to use and requires no coding or programming skills.
Further information about this tool is available in the following presentation: http://www.haikudeck.com/p/qOJNR86jCZ/xerte-online-toolkits-xot.
This workshop will provide an introduction to using Xerte Online Toolkits which is accessed online.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- log in to the Cardiff XOT site
- create a new XOT project
- create multimedia content pages
- publish and view your resource online
- open and edit your project
- export your project
Before starting, you should:
- be familiar with Windows based software
- be familiar with using the Web
- be able to log in to the network
- book a place*
You are not required to have any coding or multimedia development skills.
You are not required to bring any equipment, but if you have a USB stick and/or a smartphone or tablet device that can access the web, then please bring these with you.
Course Duration: 1.5 hours.
* It is important you book a place as you will be sent all the resources you need prior to the workshop. The email will also contain further details about the venue.