Examining Boards play a key role in managing the quality and standards of the University’s awards, and in making recommendations relating to their enhancement. It is an important role not least because it is one of the few occasions when externality, through the involvement of the External Examiners, is brought to these processes. The guidance and resources below are designed to assist those involved in the operation or support of Boards.
- Examining Boards will confirm marks and make recommendations on progression and awards.
- Examining Boards will monitoring the quality and standards of awards.
- Assessment processes and procedures need to be more consistent within and between schools.
- Conventions and rules used by Examining Boards across the University need to be applied more consistently.
Cardiff University Regulations and Guidance
Links and Resources
- External Examiners (Taught Programmes)
- External Examiners Guidelines
- The role of External Examiners in the Assessment Process
- Undergraduate Exam Board Handbook 13/14 (Word versions of forms will be available w/c 21/04/14)
- Quick Guide for Undergraduate Exam Board Chairs 2013
- External Examiner Handbook 12/13
- PGT Exam Board Handbook 13/14 (Word versions of forms will be available w/c 21/04/14)
- Quick Guide for PGT Exam Board Chairs 2013
- Quick Guide for Administration Staff on PGT Exams 2013
Contact for enquiries:
Andy Lloyd (LloydA@cardiff.ac.uk)
Page last updated: 1 August 2013