Examining Boards play a key role in managing the quality and standards of the University’s awards, and in making recommendations relating to their enhancement. It is an important role not least because it is one of the few occasions when externality, through the involvement of the External Examiners, is brought to these processes. The guidance and resources below are designed to assist those involved in the operation or support of Boards.
- Examining Boards will confirm marks and make recommendations on progression and awards.
- Examining Boards will monitoring the quality and standards of awards.
- Assessment processes and procedures need to be more consistent within and between schools.
- Conventions and rules used by Examining Boards across the University need to be applied more consistently.
Cardiff University Regulations and Guidance
Links and Resources
- External Examiners (Taught Programmes)
- External Examiners Guidelines
- The role of External Examiners in the Assessment Process
- External Examiner Handbook 13/14
- Induction for newly appointed External Examiners
‘Word’ versions of Exam Board Handbook appendixes
- Awards and Progress Commitee Pro forma
- Examination Board Checklist
- Student Records Exam Queries Pro forma
- Change of Exam Results Pro forma
- Changes due to Extenuating Circumstances Pro forma
Guide to Managing Exam Boards
- Guide to Managing Exam Boards in 13/14
- Managing Exam Boards in 13/14 – Powerpoint from Briefing Session
- Quick Guide for Administration Staff on Exam Processing 2014
Contact for enquiries:
Andy Lloyd (LloydA@cardiff.ac.uk)
Page last updated: 19 January 2015