There may be occasions where a student’s preparation for or performance in an assessment is affected by personal circumstances. If this is the case then they must be reported as extenuating circumstances as soon as possible. The resources below provide advice and guidance for students and staff on the reporting and consideration of requests for extenuating circumstances.
- Extenuating Circumstances will be considered consistently, fairly and transparently.
- Information provided by students will remain confidential, where possible.
- Students will be provided with timely and relevant information explaining how Extenuating Circumstances will be managed.
Cardiff University Regulations and Guidance
Links and Resources
- Information for Students
- Extenuating Circumstances Form
- Ffurflen Gais i Ofyn am Estyniad neu Hysbysu am Amgylchiadau Esgusodol
- Extenuating Circumstances Leaflet
- Amgylchiadau Esgusodol
- Management of Extenuating Circumstances – Diagram
- Considering Extenuating Circumstances – Diagram
- Extenuating Circumstances Training – November 2013
Contact for enquiries:
Andy Lloyd (LloydA@cardiff.ac.uk)
Page last updated: 1 August 2013